Monday, April 8, 2013

Take me back to Canada!



This new post has been a long time coming! Last June I took a trip to Canada to visit my best friend Jess who lives just outside of Calgary. It was my first time to Canada and I absolutely fell in love with it. This trip was more of a food safari than a travelling trip; Jess planned our trip around places we had to eat or drink coffee at and it has now convinced me that this is the way to travel. Generally, all the best food places are in the coolest areas. I'm not a foodie but thanks to Jess and her love of amazing foods, restaurants, cafes and the general foodie life I think I became a semi foodie. I met Jess in Vancouver - an amazing city. After 5 days we then flew to Calgary and based ourselves in Cochrane where Jess lives. If you're ever in Cochrane you must check out Jess's cafe Java Jamboree - one of the best coffee shops in town and i'm not just saying that because she's my friend. From Cochrane we explored Calgary, the Rocky Mountains, Banff, Canmore, Lake Moraine, Lake Louise, Waiparous, Elbow Falls, Forget-Me-Not Pond in Kananaskis and, lastly, Saskatoon Berry Farm in Okotoks. I was dying to get over to Montreal and Toronto but sadly I ran out of time! Still, it gives me a good excuse to get back to Canada and also back to visiting Jess. 

When I travel I pretty much have my camera glued to my face, taking in new places, experiences and people. Being able to photograph a particular moment in time is what I love about taking photos. My blog name A Pause in Transit is about what I capture in my life because it is a constant journey. All Photos are taken with my Canon 50D using a 24-70mm Lens. 


 















4 comments:

  1. woooo i will be there soon!!! looks ahhmmmaazzzing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Viv, those mountains are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love!!!
    you are so inspiring! makes me want to glue my camera to my face too!
    hehe xxx mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on old emails and looked at this pics again, so Stunning!!!!!!!!! LOVE Canada

    ReplyDelete